This publication ethics describes the ethical behaviour of all parties involved in the article publication in the Progressive Physics Journal (PPJ), referring to the Regulation of the Head of LIPI Number 5 of 2014 regarding the Code of Scientific Publication Ethics and the rules from the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). The tasks and responsibilities of each party, namely the publisher, editor, reviewer, and authors, are briefly explained as follows:
- Determining the journal's name, focus, scope of knowledge, periodicity, and accreditation process if required.
- Responsible for publishing articles after the review, editing, and layouting processes.
- Ensuring the academic freedom of the editorial board and reviewers in carrying out their respective duties.
- Implementing norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights.
- Ensuring the availability of funds for the sustainable publication process.
- Obliged to create submission guidelines and article templates for authors.
- Ensuring that the article review process is conducted transparently, objectively, and fairly.
- Implementing a blind-review process to avoid conflicts of interest.
- Providing corrections, clarifications, and apologies when it’s necessary.
- Being open to suggestions and opinions from authors, readers, and reviewers to improve the publication's quality.
- Responsible for reviewing articles according to the task given by the editor and conveying the review results as a basis for determining the article's suitability for publication.
- Reviewers are not allowed to review articles in which they are directly or indirectly involved.
- Maintaining confidentiality by not disseminating correction results, suggestions, or recommendations.
- Reviewers work independently without any intervention from anyone during the review process.
- Ensuring that the article is written in the proper format as per the provided template.
- Guaranteeing that the article has not been published, is not under review elsewhere, or is not in the process of submission to another journal.
- Professionally responding to all reviewer comments and revising the article promptly.